Friday, April 13, 2012

The Easter Egg


It was Easter day and I was driving with my boys, to spend Easter with their grandparents and great grandparents (while My Love had to work), when it dawned on me how we are like an egg.  We are fragile.  We need God's protection in life so we won't crack under the world's pressure to conform to the mainstream.  We need Him to stay on the straight and narrow.  And the yolk of the egg is similar in appearance to our sun.  Which lead me to the thought that without the Son, we are separated from God.  But through the Son and the price he paid for our sins, we are able to have an intimate relationship with Him daily.  This reflection made me enjoy seeing Easter eggs more and I look forward to refining my idea of them to share with my kids what they can resemble and to use the egg as a teaching tool to glorify God in a world that thinks Easter is all about bunnies and candy ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment