Friday, June 1, 2012

So I thought I was saving money, buying a car seat, that was a convertible 3-in-1.  Meaning it would fit an infant rear facing up to 35 lbs, toddler up to 50 lbs forward facing with the 5 point harness, and a child up to 100 lbs using the seat as a booster with the seat belt.  I just learned my car seat rated "NOT RECOMMENDED by IIHS as a booster!  My oldest is 3 weeks away from turning 3 and I now feel like I should research finding a RECOMMENDED one.  I want to have the safety of 5 point harness for as long as possible now that I have seen crash test videos all over You Tube about the various dangers related to child involved crashes.  Upon seeing car seat crash tests, I wondered how my car would actually fair during a front or side impact collision too.  Not bad I'd say, infact it did pretty well from what I saw.  Phew, thankfully replacing a car seat down the road is far less expensive than having to trade in my car.  I wish I drove a tank wrapped inside a magic bubble but I'm a little more content now that I have looked into things a little deeper.  I hope my quest for a good booster results in a well educated, budget friendly, pick.  The only thing I know right now is I want a highback seat for sure.  Any suggestions would be very appreciated ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment